Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bump Ahead

Well, I've been a little delinquent in my posting. Blame it on the travel schedule and the end-of-day exhaustion, but found a little motivation today so thought I would catch everyone up on the growing bump!

My last post left off in sunny California, and since then I have been to Milan (Italy) and New York a couple times, so I have some new images to share. First stop, Milano!

This first picture was taken July 1st, which would have made me 14 weeks and 5 days. This was taken outside the restaurant we went to for dinner, where I dined on some amazing pizza. Several people ask me if I have had any food cravings yet. The first was surely Italian food, but after this trip to Milan, I was over that real quickly.  ;)

14 weeks, 5 days: On a street in Milan, Italy
 The next evening, several of us buyers that were still in Milan went to dinner together on our last night. Afterwards, we grabbed some gelato and decided to walk to the famous Duomo, definitely the most popular attraction in Milan, and one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen!

14 weeks, 6 days: Duomo Cathedral, Milan, Italy.
I went to New York from July 16-20, but due to the insane schedule I was keeping, there wasn't a great opportunity to grab a photo op in front of something famous, but I made up for it on the second trip, which I just returned from.

In my August trip (Aug 6-9), I hit a very important pregnancy milestone...20 weeks, also known as halfway there!! I can definitely say that on this trip, it was obvious I was pregnant. My vendors were not afraid to ask, and I had several subway patrons hop up and offer their seat to me. It was nice for a change to look pregnant and not just like I had too much to eat for lunch.  ;)

My first photo op found me at Bryant Park Grill. I had gone to lunch with a vendor, who is also pregnant (she is four weeks further along than me), so we had so much to chat about. After lunch, she grabbed a few images of me outside the restaurant to commemorate me hitting 20 weeks. Here is my favorite picture:

20 weeks. Bryant Park Grill, New York City.
The next day, I was walking from one appointment to the next, not really paying attention to where I was. All of a sudden I looked up and realized I was standing right in front of the Flatiron Building, a pretty famous landmark in NYC. I saw some tourists taking their own photos, so I asked one to snap a quick photo of me in front of the building. It's not the best picture ever, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

20 weeks, 1 day. Flatiron Building, New York City.
At my next appointment, which was in the Penthouse of the Setai Hotel on 5th Avenue, there were spectacular panoramic views of the city. These images aren't the best, but hey, it's me pregnant in front of famous landmarks, which was the point!

20 weeks, 1 day. Chrysler Building in the background. Taken from the Penthouse of the Setai Hotel in NYC.

20 weeks, 1 day. In front of the Empire State Building. Taken from the Penthouse of the Setai Hotel in NYC.
That's all for now! Next stop is Las Vegas in a little over a week. Then it's home for awhile (which will be NICE.)

Love,
Candace

2 comments: